Part Time Learning Support Teacher (Maternity Cover 0.5)
Required for September 2019, an enthusiastic and suitably well qualified specialist to teach throughout the Preparatory Department of this highly successful independent school. Candidates should have experience of working with children with dyslexia, dyspraxia and ASD.
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 29th April 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 7th May 2019
The post holder will contribute to the teaching within the Preparatory Department, and will provide additional support with children with learning difficulties.
- Work with enthusiasm and commitment to ensure that pupils receiving learning support are helped in achieving their potential.
- Assess, through a series of appropriate tests, areas where pupils may have a special need, including the use of Lucid programmes.
- Support individual pupils and small groups of pupils to address areas of weakness by designing and implementing individual learning programmes.
- Assess and evaluate the success of programmes regularly and maintain written records.
- Assist in the writing of ISPs and reviewing targets.
- Offer advice, guidance and strategies to use in the classroom situation.
- Work alongside the Senior School LS Coordinator to maintain and develop resources to ensure the needs of pupils are best met.
- Work closely with parents and class teachers to provide feedback and support.