Class Teacher in Preparatory Department
Required from September 2019. The Governors are seeking to appoint a creative and innovative teacher with high expectations to teach within our Preparatory Department at this highly successful independent school. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
Closing date: 12.00 noon Thursday 25th April 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 30th April 2019
Required to contribute to the teaching within the Preparatory Department, and will undertake the role of subject leader for a specialist subject.
- Planning and preparing lessons for pupils according to their education needs, including the setting and marking of work.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress and attainment of pupils.
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual pupils and of any class assigned to her/him including providing guidance and advice on social matters, and sources of more expert advice.
- Keeping records and making reports on the personal and social needs of pupils.
- Participating in meetings which relate to the curriculum, administration or organisation of the School, including pastoral arrangements.
- Contributing to assessments and reports relating to pupils.
- Participation in the system of Professional Review an d Development.
- Reviewing methods of teaching and participating in arrangements for further training and professional development as a teacher.
- Co-operating with the Head of Department and carrying out any reasonable duties at her request.
- Maintaining good order and discipline among the pupils of the School and safeguarding their health and safety, both when they are authorised to be on the School premises and when they are engaged in authorised School activities elsewhere.