Part Time Afternoon Activities Assistant
The School seeks to appoint a Part Time Afternoon Activities Assistant in the Preparatory Department of this leading independent school. Previous relevant experience would be an advantage. Hours of work: 11.30 a.m. until 6.00 p.m. each day, term time only plus 5 INSET days. The actual pro rata salary is £11,580.97 p.a.
Closing date for applications: 09.00 on Monday 24th September 2018. Interviews will be held week commencing 1st October 2018
Post: Part time Afternoon Activities Assistant commencing as soon as possible.
Responsible to: The Head Mistress and Head of Preparatory Department, and responsible on a daily basis to Mrs J Skinner, Supervisor.
Hours: 30 hours per week 11.30am – 6.00pm with 30 minute break (6 hours per day) Monday - Friday term time only + 5 INSET days.
Salary: Salary is pro rata to a full time salary of £18,152 p.a. Point 15 on the support staff pay scales 15-18, which equates to an actual annual salary of £11,581 p.a. (0.638 FTE), which includes an element of holiday pay.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- To carry out any other reasonable request of the Head Mistress and Head of Preparatory Department.
- This job description may be subject to reasonable changes in the future, to reflect changing circumstances and to aid professional development.
- To support the aims, ethos and values of the school by example and ensure they are followed by pupils.
- To maintain the safety and welfare and good conduct of the pupil.
- To escort pupils safely around the school site.
- To assist pupils in the lunch hall.
- To maintain good order and supervision of pupils at all times.
- To administer basic first aid as required and ensure any injury or sickness of pupils is reported immediately to the school nurse, First Aider or Head of Prep.
- To keep daily records of first aid administered according to the school’s procedures and any other relevant records that may be needed.
- To provide pastoral care, guidance and routine advice to pupils as appropriate.
- Where necessary and appropriate encourage and lead games activities with pupils.
- To alert the Supervisor and or the Head of Prep of any concerns regarding an individual pupil or group of pupils.
- To understand and apply school policies in relation to health, safety, welfare and behaviour of pupils.
- To listen to individual pupils reading aloud.
- To help with the preparation and clearing up of the designated play areas.
- To supervise the pupils at play.
- To assist with the preparation of teatime snacks.
- To organise and run craft type activities and games for the pupils.
- To supervise pupils completing their homework.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Applicants must share the commitment of the School to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children at all times.
- The ability to work calmly under pressure and to relate to a wide range of people within the School.
- The ability to work as a member of a team.
- Pleasant and approachable manner and good appearance.
- Reliable and responsible.
- A sense of humour.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Creative flair for practical/art type activities.
- Experience in a similar post.