Receptionist/Administrator Prep Department
23.75 Hours (11.15am – 4.00pm)
Term Time, Plus INSET and
One Week in the Holidays
To act as the first point of contact for visitors/callers and to provide administrative support to the Preparatory Department. Salary range £19,059 to £20,746 pro rata actual salary £9,891p.a.
PART TIME RECEPTIONIST
Post: The appointment is to start 1st September 2018.
Responsible to: The post holder will be directly responsible to the Head of the Preparatory Department.
Hours: 23.75 hours per week 11.15am – 4.00pm (4.75 hours per day) Monday - Friday term time only + 5 INSET days and 1 week in the summer holidays
Salary: Salary is pro rata to a full time salary of £19,059 p.a. Point 18 on the support staff pay scales 18-21, which equates to an actual annual salary of £9,891 p.a. (0.519 FTE)
To act as the first point of contact for visitors and callers to the Preparatory Department, and as
such is a crucial member of the school staff, creating a positive, welcoming impression. Also providing administrative support to the Preparatory Department.
Manage the Preparatory Reception area to ensure it is welcoming and presentable.
Receive all calls into Preparatory Department and pass on messages, where appropriate.
Monitor and manage access to the Preparatory security gate for pedestrians/vehicles.
Meet, greet, record and escort all visitors within the department.
Provide administrative support to the Head of the Prep and the whole department for example, typing of letters, correspondence to parents, photocopying.
Record daily attendance outside registration sessions, maintain registers and print off
Make telephone calls to parents at the request of teacher or if child unwell.
Produce monthly and termly attendance reports, follow up any unexplained absences
Upload relevant letters onto Moodle and the School website
Produce the weekly email bulletin and send to parents.
Maintain the pupil contact information book.
Manage the bus registers and pass on going home messages.
Duplicate, file and distribute pupil reports to parents on the last day of term.
Update the Preparatory Calendar.
Create/produce programmes and tickets for Prep Events ie: Prize Giving, Christmas productions, including all associated administration
Collate prizes and awards and provide the running order for Prize Giving programme.
Create pupil files and maintenance of filing.
- Obtain quotes for coach trip bookings.
- Collection and distribution of post, letters.
To carry out any other reasonable request of the Head of Preparatory Department.
This job description may be subject to reasonable changes in the future, to reflect changing circumstances and to aid professional development
- Applicants must share the commitment of the School to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children at all times
- Commitment to providing a high level of customer service.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Experience of reception work.
- Excellent administrative skills, with particular attention to accuracy and detail, and a high level of discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Experience in using Microsoft office applications, and a willingness to learn the use of additional software.
- Ability to work independently to agreed guidelines and willingness to cooperate with other members of the team including those in Senior School.
- Reliability with respect to attendance and punctuality.
- A smart appearance.
- A willingness to become fully involved in the life of the school and to be flexible in meeting the wide-ranging demands of a school environment.
- A sense of humour.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- A “can do” attitude.
- Experience in a similar post or environment.
ARRANGEMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
Please apply by submitting to the Head Mistress at email@example.com:
- a fully completed application form, including examination grades, dates of awards and the names and contact details of two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer. Applicants should note that we write for references during the selection procedure and the School will check with past employers as to the suitability of a candidate to work with children.
- a supporting letter outlining how your experiences and/or personal qualities would enable you to contribute to the development of a thriving department and school.
- a completed childcare disqualification disclaimer form.
- The closing date for receipt of applications is 9.00am on Tuesday 26th June 2018.
- Interviews will take place during week commencing 2nd July 2018 at the School..
- Unfortunately we are not able to acknowledge all applications, but applicants who have not been invited for interview by the date indicated above should assume that, on this occasion, their application was unsuccessful.